Neurology week 3 starts

The University of Pécs Medical School minimum required duration of each practice is as follows:

  • Emergency Medicine: 2 weeks
  • Paediatrics: 5 weeks
  • Obstetrics & Gynaecology: 5 weeks
  • Surgery & Traumatology: 5 weeks
  • Internal Medicine: 8 weeks
  • Psychiatry: 3 weeks
  • Neurology: 3 weeks
  • Family Medicine: 2 weeks

With that said, today should be the beginning of the last week of my Neurology rotation, however, that's not the case. See, when I signed up for the elective at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology, I was informed that the length had to be between 4 and 16 weeks. 

At the time, the other UK hospitals I had been looking into weren't accepting students from abroad because of the the COVID-19 pandemic and this was my only chance to do complete a rotation in the UK. I gave it some thought and opted to do the minimum 4 weeks. I felt that the extra week was worth it, since I hope to to work in the UK after graduation.

So far, I am really happy with my experiences. I am learning a lot through the lectures, bedside teaching, ward rounds, and outpatient clinics. I am also getting used to the healthcare system in the UK.

Comments

Popular Posts