Introduction

Welcome everyone!

My name is Amber Martinez, and I am from the Cayman Islands. I am a 6th-year medical student studying at the University of Pécs Medical School in Hungary. Currently, I am completing final year rotations through the Erasmus program at the Catholic University Leuven (KU Leuven) in Belgium.

Me sitting on a bench in the Great Beguinage of Leuven.

Some months ago, I decided to start sharing my medical school journey on social media. Unfortunately, my Instagram account was deleted on Saturday, and I lost everything. I was disappointed and frustrated, but I realized that's alright. I chose to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. Perhaps, Instagram wasn't the best place for me to share my story to begin with. The captions have always been more important for me than the pictures, so I decided why not create a blog? Now, here we are, my very first blog post.

The purpose of my blog is to share my medical school journey and the transition from a medical student to a medical doctor with my friends and family, my fellow Caymanians, my fellow peers, current medical students, prospective medical students, and anyone interested in hearing my story. I hope this can be motivation and inspiration for you to keep working hard towards your own goals. Everyone's medical school journey is unique. My daily life experiences will shape my content, and I promise I won't ever sugar-coat it!

From time to time, I will also post about global health issues to highlight their importance and bring more awareness, education, and promotion. Typically, these will be issues that are near and dear to my heart.

I don't want to make this first post too long, soon I'll share another post with all the details about my current rotation. 

Stay tuned to see what the future holds...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts