GMC Identity Check


It has taken a bit of time, but I finally heard back from the General Medical Council (GMC).

I received an email stating, "I'm pleased to let you know that we've recognised your qualification as part of your application for full registration with a licence to practise. Before we can grant your registration, you need to book an appointment to come for an identity check at our London office..." 

As soon as I saw the email, I immediately booked a plane ticket to London and made an appointment for my identity check through GMC Online.

It is expected that the appointment will take around 30 minutes to complete. During this time, they will check my passport and take a photo for their records. If they can verify my passport, my registration and license to practise will be granted immediately. I will be able to check this on the online register, and a certificate will be posted to my address registered on my GMC Online account. 

Next week I travel to London to attend my appointment. 

So this is where I'm at. 

After attending my appointment, I will update you all on what happens. Ideally, the next phase should be job hunting.

Comments

Popular Posts