Graduation Day

Step 3 - check! This weekend has been a whirlwind. 

Now that I have had the chance to celebrate this great achievement with my family and friends here in Pécs, I wanted to share this milestone with all of you.

On Saturday, I took the Hippocratic Oath and had the Doctor of Medicine degree conferred upon me. It is a day that I will forever hold dear to my heart. I am officially a medical school graduate!

They say all good things must come to an end, but I am not sure how I am going to say goodbye to the city that has been my home for the last six years. My time here has been so memorable. 

Reflecting on my journey, my path has not always been easy. It has been challenging. There were times I felt this day would never come. Moments when I felt like quitting. Nights where I couldn't sleep. I cried many tears, but I never ever gave up, and now, here I am, a medical doctor. I did it! My hard work has finally paid off and my dream is coming true. 

Thank you to all my family and friends that have been with me every step of the way, continuously praying for my success and supporting me throughout the years. I love and appreciate you all more than words could ever suffice. 

To those of you struggling through premed, stressing about exams, applying to medical school, or having difficulty managing the medical school course load, remember that this is a process. Take a second to realise how far you've come. Be proud of yourself and acknowledge all you've accomplished. Celebrate your victories, no matter how big or small. Keep a positive mindset. You are stronger than you think. You've got this!

At the graduation ceremony, I had the honour to give the graduate's address. A recording of the whole ceremony can be found here and a video of my speech can be found below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts