Written state exam experience

Yesterday, I completed my final written exam, often referred to as the state exam by most students. It is just one component of the final closing examination. The other components include a patient physical examination and the theoretical oral examination.

The written exam was scheduled to start at 10:00 am. We were sent an email in the days leading up to it and asked to arrive at the Medical School by 9:45 am, at the latest. We all stood outside our assigned lecture rooms waiting until the invigilators showed up. We were asked to leave our bags and phones outside, and only take in with us a clear bottle of water, three blue pens, one pencil, a chocolate bar, and our IDs. One by one the invigilators checked our IDs and we entered the room. Once everyone was seated, the invigilators explained some rules about the exam, and then we were allowed to open our test packages.

Inside the test package, was an information sheet, a datasheet, an answer sheet, and an exam booklet. We began by filling in the datasheet with our name, date and place of birth, address, and signature. Once this was filled in, time started. We had 150 minutes for 180 questions.

The questions all came from the question list which can be found on the www.finalexam.eu There are over 4500 questions from all the different specialities, even some Dentistry. I did my best to go through them all before yesterday. I didn't have many days since my Paediatrics final exam to study, but the questions weren't very difficult and I believe the exam yesterday was fair. 150 minutes was more than enough time to go through the whole paper more than once. 

During the exam, we received an email with the schedule for the patient physical examination and the theoretical oral examination, which will take place next week. Of course, we didn't know this at the time. But once we all came out of the exam everyone began talking about it. 

After the exam, we made plans to meet up in the city centre later that night to celebrate this momentous occasion, but before we left we all got together for a photo. This is the result...

Introducing The University of Pécs Medical School, English Program, Class of 2022

We were allowed to take our exam booklet and the information sheet. On the information sheet, there were details about how to check your results on the same website I mentioned above. This morning the results came out and I got a 4. I am so happy. Still in shock and everything feels very unreal right now, but I am very happy. 

The patient physical examination and the theoretical oral component of my final closing examination are next Thursday, so today I will begin the preparations for that. I think once I have completed that maybe it will all start to feel more real because right now I feel like I am still processing it all.

I wish all my fellow students a successful oral exam next week! Can you believe we're almost doctors? 

Comments

Popular Posts