Psychiatry week 2

Like all of you, I am human. I have bad days. Unfortunately, Friday was one of those not so good days, and that's why I was unable to make a post. It's a new week, I am in better spirits, and I am back to tell you all about how my Psychiatry rotation is going. I hope you guys didn't miss me too much. 

My practice is the same old, same old. It started with a seminar to discuss the patient we had on Friday. After discussing the case, the Professor talked about addiction, and then we interviewed a patient. By noon I was back home. I grabbed lunch and made my way to the medical school. 

At the university, I headed to the English-German Student Council (EGSC) Office. I don't think I have mentioned this before, but I wear many hats. Not only am I a final year medical student, but I am also the Treasurer of the EGSC and an International Student Ambassador of the University of Pécs. 

Again, you're probably wondering, how? How in the world does she find time for all these things? I really can't tell you. I do, haha. In all seriousness, though, it takes a lot of courage, determination, organisation, and time management. 

My first year on the council was back in 2019. I was elected as the Vice President-English Program. I represented the students of the English program at the University of Pécs Medical School. I handled any educational matters reported to the council and assisted my fellow board members with completing their tasks. For two years, I remained in this capacity. When elections rolled around last year, I wasn't quite ready to stop being a part of the great and important work the council does. However, I knew that as a sixth-year medical student, I wouldn't have as much time to dedicate to the board as I did before. A dedicated student leader, I wanted to play a role no matter how small and threw my hat in the ring again, only this time for the position of Treasurer instead. I am honoured that the medical students found it fit to re-elect me as a member of the council and proud to represent them one final time.

Sitting in the EGSC Office.


In the office, I talked with our Office Manager. There weren't any urgent matters that needed handling, so I worked on some things of my own. I made a 
schedule and registered for my upcoming exams. Also, I had a call with my International Student Ambassador Supervisor about some tasks to do. 

All in all, it was a good day. I hope this week will be just as easygoing as the first. 

Comments

Popular Posts