New Year's Eve!

It’s the last day of 2021. Wow. How are we already at the end? This year has flown right by. It's been one of the fastest I can remember thus far.

Today at the hospital was like any other. There was nothing spectacular and thankfully nothing major happened with any of our patients. It was busy, but I could leave early.

My posts usually focus on my medical journey, but with today being the end of the year I wanted to talk a bit about closing one door and opening another.

Many of you have probably already thought about your new year's resolutions and all that you want to accomplish in 2022. I just want to remind you that you don't need a new year to make a change. Every day is a new chance for us to be better than the day before.

As we close the door on 2021, be thankful for all this chapter has taught you. Even though the situation with the pandemic seems to be at a standstill and not much progress has been made with eradicating COVID-19, so much has happened and we have so much to be grateful for. This year may not have gone the way you wanted it to. This year we lost some loved ones. This year there was bad, but there was also good. While, we have no idea what's waiting for us in the year ahead, let's be hopeful. 

I am looking forward to what 2022 has in store and where my medical school journey will take me next.

Wishing you and all your loved ones health and happiness in the new year. May the coming year be full of adventures and new opportunities! At midnight make a toast to yesterday's achievements and to tomorrow's bright future.  

Happy New Year! Celebrating safely. Goodbye 2021, see you all in 2022.

Bringing in the new year in Ladeuze Square in Leuven, Belgium.




Comments

Popular Posts