Last week of Psychiatry

Today marks the start of my final week in Psychiatry. Seriously, this rotation has flown by.

I got to the Psychiatry Clinic, and all the students were gathered outside the library. As soon as I arrived, the Professor walked up and told us it would be a busy day. He unlocked the door, and we entered.

The library at the Psychiatric Clinic.

Once we were settled into our seats, the Professor started the seminar by welcoming the students who were beginning their Psychiatry practice today and proceeded to inform us that in addition to our usual morning seminar and patient interview, there was a schedule of lectures that would be held this week -with the first one, planned for 12 pm today. He then asked if we had a case to discuss. One of the Hungarian students presented the case from Friday, and then the Professor left us to interview patients until the lecture.

At noon, another Professor came. The lecture was meant to be on 'the Basics of Psychopathology' but turned out to be more of a Q&A session instead. The Professor knew me and decided I would start. 

Professor: What is the term for normal mood?

Me: Euthymia.

He continued with the student next to me and then went around the room. If anyone couldn't answer their question, the floor was open for the rest of us to have a shot at it. 

I won't lie, I was nervous when he said this was his plan for today, but it turned out pretty good. I remembered much more than I thought I knew about Psychiatry. On my way home, I felt motivated for studying. 

When I got home, I reheated some food I made yesterday and ate lunch. At 2 pm, I had an EGSC Board meeting. Afterwards, I began studying.

Comments

Popular Posts