Psychiatry Day 3

My practice was similar to yesterday. The morning started in the library of the Psychiatry Clinic with a seminar. It was a mixed group of Hungarian and English program students. We discussed the patient we interviewed yesterday, and then the Professor talked about the different clusters of personality disorders. 

The Professor had to finish our talk early but asked to find a new patient to interview for tomorrow's discussion and dismissed us. Like yesterday, the Hungarian students led the way, and we went to the ward. By noon we had finished the interview, and I once again had the whole afternoon to run some errands.

I came home. I made lunch. I did some laundry. I watched a tv show while I ate my lunch. I finalised my Erasmus report. I sent some emails.

Then, I remembered I needed to meet my Urology teacher to sign my Clinical Skills book. At my medical school, every student has a Clinical Skills booklet, which contains pages of skills that you have to complete and have signed off by a doctor before graduation. When finishing up my last rotation in Belgium, I went through the booklet to see what remaining skills I needed to complete. That's when I noticed that my Urology skills still hadn't been signed off even though I remembered performing them during the course last spring. Since I don't have a rotation in Urology during this year, I reached out to my teacher to ask if I could bring my book to be signed, he told me he remembered me and to come by anytime. When I arrived at the clinic, I could not find him so I left my book with the secretary at the clinic. Tomorrow I'll have to collect it, or whenever he emails me that it is ready.

Since the clinic is in the city centre, I went to the mall. I stopped by my telephone company to validate my phone number, something you must do annually in Hungary, and picked up a few things at the grocery store. Afterwards, I walked around the city for a bit. I have to admit it's pretty nice to be done with the rotations before the sun sets. With the shorter winter days in Belgium, I always arrived at the hospital before the sun had risen and left after it had already set. Now that I have more free time on my hands, I can enjoy the sunlight and fresh air even though it is so cold outside. 

I could not resist the temptation...of a kürtőskalács, but rest assured I'll burn the calories in tonight's workout.


Comments

Popular Posts